A month before the stroke, your body warns you with signs. Stroke is caused by low oxygen supply to your brain. The brain’s arteries get clogged or rupture, killing brain cells.
This damage makes stroke a leading cause of disability worldwide. Every year, millions of people worldwide are affected by stroke, even though 80% of stroke cases are preventable. Our body communicates with us in subtle ways. It is up to us to ignore or pay attention.
Read Also: 4 Habits That Can Damage Your Liver
A month before stroke, your body starts giving warnings.
- Painful hiccups are one of these warning signs. Painful, sudden, and relentless hiccups may indicate a near stroke.
- If you are having headaches lately, don’t ignore them. Severe Thunderclaps headaches signal towards a future Cerebrovascular Accident. These headaches usually occur due to an aneurysm. If you get a thunderclap headache, seek medical help instantly.
- Confusion is a common problem seen in the elderly. But sometimes it can have serious causes and indicate disease. Confusion with any other stroke system requires quick medical attention.
- Another symptom of a future stroke may be difficulty in swallowing. Though it usually occurs post-stroke, it can occur beforehand too.
- Irritability can be due to more than just PMS. It is a non-traditional symptom of impending stroke.
- Medical experts believe balance problems indicate a stroke. Balance issues include being unable to walk straight.
- Vision problems are the biggest indicator of stroke. Double vision or complete vision loss signify brain danger. Problems in vision indicate your brain isn’t getting enough oxygen. In stroke, single-eye blindness is more common than in both.
- A smile is perhaps the most beautiful gesture. Face droopiness and an uneven smile can have grave reasons. One of the reasons may be an imminent stroke.
- Weakness in one arm is a sign from your body especially if you can’t raise both arms at once. Paralysis or one side weakness can indicate CVA.
- Facing difficulty in speaking is another sign of brain damage.
If you face such signs, please get medical assistance immediately.