An uncontrolled division of body cells is known as cancer. Thousands of people die each year from various cancers.
Some cancers can go undiagnosed and prove to be fatal. However, the body shows warning signs that indicate cancer presence. Observing your body’s warnings and subtle signs is essential.
- Frequent infections are one of the main signs indicating cancer. Infections occur due to cancers that affect the bone marrow. The white blood cells in our body fight diseases. Cancer-related bone marrow changes cause abnormal production of WBCs. These abnormal white blood cells lose their infection-fighting abilities. Resultantly, your mouth, skin, and lungs are often infected.
2. A lack of appetite is a strong warning for cancer. This occurs mostly in the stomach pancreatic, and colon cancers. The pressure on the stomach increases, making you feel full. Appetite changes lasting longer than weeks require medical help.
3. Another warning sign for cancer is unexplained bruising. If you get bruises on your body, without injuries, consult a doctor. Leukemia cells block the red blood cells forming clots. These clots are responsible for forming bruises on the body.
4. Unexplained weight loss or gain is a sign indicating cancer. This happens because cancer cells attack healthy cells. Weight loss can indicate lung, stomach, and pancreatic cancer.
5. Unexplained fever and lethargy are among the cancer warning signs.
6. Swallowing difficulties and indigestion can be the manifestations of cancer. These problems are common if someone has esophageal or throat cancer.
Read Also: The Benefits of a Healthy Sex Life For Women
7. Having pale white or clubbed nails should raise concerns. Skin cancers like melanoma can affect the nails. Clubbed nails can cause liver and lung cancer.
8. Having lumps, hard nodules, and swollen glands signify cancerous growth. The cancerous lumps are usually painless and fixed.
9. Chronic fatigue and pain also warn for cancer presence.
If you experience any such signs, please consult your doctor.