Our health is influenced by what we do before the meal. Here are some things you should not do on an empty stomach.
- You should not take anti inflammatory drugs on an empty stomach.
You should not take Aspirin, Paracetamol or other anti inflammatory drugs on an empty stomach. If you this, they will no longer be effective and you make even have serious health problems. You can reduce the negative effects if you drink milk or drink plenty of water with the medicine.
- You should not drink coffee on an empty stomach.
Even decaffeinated coffee, stimulates acid production, which can cause heartburn and other digestive tract problem. If you do not eat breakfast before coffee, you could develop are serotonin deficiency and will not have a good mood all day long. If you have to drink coffee on an empty stomach, try adding milk to it.
- You should not drink alcohol on an empty stomach.
Alcohol is absorbed twice faster on an empty stomach, as it would be if you injected it into your veins. Its effect will pass more slowly, which will cause you are a sever hangover. There wil be negative consequences for the liver, heart and kidney. If the situation is such that you have to drink on an empty stomach, choose something cold non-carbonated, because it absorbs more slowly.
- You should not chew gum on an empty stomach.
Hydrochloric acid produced when chewing gum. It destroys the mucous membrane of the stomach. When your stomach is empty and if you have this habit, you will have gastritis. Something more harmless is gums that contain natural sweeteners not sugar.
- You should not do intense physical exercise on an empty stomach. It is believed that you burn more calories if you exercise on an empty stomach. This is not happening, you lose muscle mass more intensely and physical exercises are not very efficient because the body has no energy. Try to do aerobic exercises, if you really want to, not something very difficult.
- You should not drink citrus juice on an empty stomach.
The acidic fibers contained in the citrus irritate the empty stomach, which can cause gastritis. Fresh citrus juice will not hurt you if you dilute it with water 1:1 or 2:1.